Medical Science Liaison Job at Johnson & Johnson Toronto, ON
Janssen Pharmaceutical, Companies of Johnson & Johnson is currently hiring a Medical Science Liaison- Neuroscience. The incumbent in this role will cover Ontario and Atlantic (Ns & NL), and ideally should be based in Toronto, ON.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Inc. is a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Please visit for more information.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) holds primary responsibility for the execution of the Medical Affairs Plan. They are the point of contact for key opinion leaders (KOLs) in a given territory and help answer their medical, scientific and research needs within specific guidelines.
- Maintain up-to-date scientific expertise with regular attendance at key scientific / clinical conferences, training sessions and preceptorships to translate data into applicable knowledge and communication platform.
- Review, present and discuss clinical and scientific data in a balanced, unbiased manner, to KOLs and other Health Care Professionals (HCPs), in group and one-on-one settings.
- Build positive relationships with HCPs based on scientific credibility.
- Develop scientific communication materials (slide presentations) for scientific exchange with HCPs through contacts and meetings and provide congress support.
- Ensure a regional scientific leadership strategy via trustworthy and informed scientific dialogue with KOLs.
- Accountable for relationships with all KOLs within their region (development and sustainability through clear engagement plans).
- Lead/participate in medical and scientific forums (i.e. ad boards and CMEs) where KOLs are involved.
- Support Phase IIIB/IV local and global clinical development program. Critical contributor to regional site identification, patient enrollment, and follow-up visits. Assist in the interpretation of results, post-hoc analyses, and research collaboration with investigators.
- Support investigator-initiated studies by fielding and assessing research requests, aligning investigator interests with Janssen’s research needs, and engaging investigators to ensure the successful execution and satisfactory completion of studies.
- Analyze data – new and post hoc – to develop insights and contribute to publications as appropriate
- Provide expert clinical consultation and support to business partners (i.e. Access, Medical Education, Sales and Marketing etc. as appropriate).
- Partner and collaborate with in-house business partners to facilitate ongoing exchange of clinical information.
- Provide regional medical perspective to influence the integrated Medical Affairs plan which complements the Integrated Lifecycle plans (ILCP).
- Support the Medical Science publication plan.
- Master’s Degree is required (focus in Psychiatry is an asset); Pharm.D. or Ph.D.is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years business experience in the pharmaceutical industry is an asset
- Past experience as a Medical Science Liaison is an asset
- Strong clinical and/or scientific background in Neuroscience is highly preferred
- Ability to acquire expertise in other therapeutic areas and products, depending on pipeline and/or changing business priorities is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in managing clinical/ scientific programs with a high degree of autonomy, including successfully managing significant programs from study concept to publication is an asset
- Strong knowledge of GCP, IMC code and Healthcare Compliance policies and procedures is an asset.
- Familiarity with working in an environment guided by SOPs is an asset
- Excellent team player interested in sharing knowledge and coaching/educating colleagues and peers
- Critical thinking and positive track record of flawless execution
- Proven ability to learn quickly, assimilate and distill large amounts of information and build and maintain relationships
- Proven proficiency to effectively communicate information to KOLs, as well as non-experts is an asset
- Ability to put data into perspective and communicate it concisely, as required is an asset
- Demonstrated critical thinking, strong project management skills and ability to impact decision-making with relevant stakeholders
- Business insight required, including prioritization skills and big picture orientation
- Scientific knowledge, curiosity, familiarity and interest to stay on top of emerging data and scientific trends within the therapeutic area
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, multitask and follow through in a field-based role
- Highly-developed communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively simplify and communicate complex material to a diverse array of audiences is required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other relevant software programs is an asset.
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset
- Ability to travel up to 70%, both domestic and to the US, as this is a customer facing position. Overnight travel is required.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit .]
Canada-Ontario-Toronto-19 Green Belt Drive
Janssen Inc. (7710)
About the Company
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Company Location: Toronto, ON