IT Technology Architect Job at Momentum Financial Services Group Toronto, ON
Momentum Financial Services Group, formerly Money Mart Financial Services is a leading provider of financial services in North America. For 40 years we’ve been committed to providing financial solutions that meet the evolving needs of consumers and business owners. Backed by a retail network of over 700 locations and robust digital and mobile platforms, we provide access to cash and related products to help our customers achieve their goals. We operate retail locations in local communities and cities across Canada under the Money Mart® brand and in Quebec as Insta Cheques® and in United States as Money Mart® and The Check Cashing Store®.
Our highly skilled workforce puts customers first in everything we do. We serve millions of people annually with diverse and innovative financial products and services. Through this ever-evolving suite of services, we empower customers to manage their finances and improve their lives. Wherever customers are on their financial journey, Momentum Financial Services Group provides solutions.
We believe in giving back to the communities where we live and work. With the generous support of our customers and staff, we proudly contribute annually to charities and non-profit organizations, along with using our time and talent to serve in local communities throughout Canada and the United States. We are looking for aspiring, passionate people who are dedicated to understanding and providing our customers with the right financial solutions utilizing a growing menu of products and services. We embrace diversity and offer a fast-paced work environment.
The IT Technology Architect provides strategy & vision for all global technology systems including hyper-converged infrastructure (Cisco Hyperflex), Cisco ACI, Cisco CWOM, Kubernetes Clusters, Microsoft components (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, ADFS, Exchange, SharePoint) and its evolution to Azure/Office365 platform, Cloud computing environments (Azure/AWS), Network structures & topology, Virtualization technologies (VMware and Citrix), Storage/Backup technologies (Veeam).
- Review and evaluate, cost, and develop optimized infrastructure designs based on rigorous understanding of returned benefits and ROI/TCO
- Provide project specific architectural and comprehensive technology designs, solutions and implementation plans for areas under their domain of control
- Evaluate entire projects from a technical stance, guaranteeing that the methods and technologies used are practical and correct and fit for purpose
- Project manage the design/implementation of new technologies
- Validate and challenge the detailed technical infrastructure architectures provided by the technology partners, fellow team members and vendors in support of a project or technical solution
- Develop processes and procedures, solution proposals
- Serve as the Technology Operations liaison point with the Digital team
- Partner with security team to secure network traffic using best practices, including appropriate use of encryption/VPNs, firewalls
- Strategy, planning, roadmaps, and working with other organizations on lifecycle planning
- Strategic relationships with key infrastructure vendors and IT Technology Directors
- Investigate the viability of upcoming and emerging technologies to improve the infrastructure’s stability, longevity, and adaptability
- Participate in architecture reviews and/or audits
- Create/Oversee SOP documentation for operations teams
- Associate degree or bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, information technology, information systems, computer engineering, or similar education or work experience.
- Demonstrate strong applied knowledge of layered architectures, virtualized environments, security, monitoring and high availability systems
- Displays knowledge of business applications and technical alternatives
- Strong ability to learn business rules and comply with both existing and new regulations or requirements
- Strong technical knowledge of infrastructural solutions within a real-time demanding and highly available environment
- Strong Troubleshooting and Communication Skills
- Minimum of 1 years’ related work experience within the Financial Services Industry.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as previous Technology Architect
- Knowledge of high-volume transaction systems and demonstrable ability to simply describe these in plain business English.
- Building and managing key relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Ability to demonstrate resilience and pragmatism in the face of a challenging and continually changing environment.
- Functional knowledge of financial instruments such as Installment Loans, Payday Loans, Checks, and industry domains such as loans, underwriting, collections, call center, Fraud, etc.
- Medical / Dental/ Vision benefits available
- Company paid life insurance
- Paid holidays
- PTO / 401K / Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site wellness center
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About the Company
Company: Momentum Financial Services Group
Company Location: Toronto, ON