Information Security Specialist (Network Security) Job at Michael Page Toronto, ON
The Senior Specialist will be responsible for identifying opportunities for improvement in security posture in collaboration with other security team members and other business units. The Senior Specialist will act as lead on network security related projects and technologies and assuring the effective implementation and management of security tools as we continue to improve information security.
Your focus will be network security for a global manufacturing organization. You will* Lead technology implementations may also operate and incubate some of the more advanced security technologies in the cloud infrastructure
- Develop, collect, and analyze security metrics to determine compliance and risk levels, as well as trends in systems and processes, and make recommendations on improvements and decisions based on information from the metrics
- Work closely with other business units as required to understand related challenges and develop plans aimed at meeting those challenges
- Collaborate with all impacted stakeholders to ensure that appropriate controls are implemented, operating properly, in accordance with the corporate policiesMPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, or based on an individual’s status in any group or class otherwise protected under applicable human rights legislation. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled and all other qualified applicants
Interesting technical work|Strong compensation
Required Education and Experience:* BS Degree in Information Security, Cyber Security, Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of working experience in support of a large scale, mission critical enterprise security infrastructure
- Experience on network or endpoint security-related hardware and software, network and host-based intrusion prevention system, firewalls, VPN, SSL, TLS, PKI, cryptography, application control, EPP, EDR, DLP, MDM, MFA, Forward/Reverse Proxy, Sandboxing, Next Generation Anti-virus, and AntiSpam products.
- Experience and full understanding of SASE
- Excellent knowledge with current operating systems (Windows, UNIX, AIX, OS X and Linux), network applications, all network layers, routing, switching and related protocols (TCP/IP, SMTP, HTTP, SSL, SFTP, FTP, SSH, TELNET, DNS, DHCP, VRRP, RIP, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, SNMP and RMON etc.)
- Hands on experience with SIEM solution
- Holds industry-specific certifications, including one or more of the following: Fortinet NSE, CCIE and CISSP.
A global manufacturing organization.
Great compensation and exciting technical work.
About the Company
Company: Michael Page
Company Location: Toronto, ON