Embedded Software Developer for IoT Edge Devices Job at Bosch Group – Ovar
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life.
The Bosch unit in Ovar belongs to the Building Technologies division and is focused on bringing solutions to the market that are shaping the smart cities of the future. The company develops and produces innovative solutions for security and communication systems, fire alarms and electronic displays. With about 1300 employees, its success lies in the highly specialized and innovative team and technological know-how.
Shape the future: Within an interdisciplinary team, you are designing software solutions for embedded applications in C/C++ for sensors in complex fire detection systems. This especially includes signal processing and algorithms to detect optical, chemical and thermal fire characteristics as well as the communication protocols for data exchange with the control unit.
- Reliable implementation: Our products save life and assets. Therefore, reliability has highest priority. You are ensuring this with model-based engineering methods, simulations and tests.
- Systematic assessments: statistical analysis of simulation results, reliability tests and field data complete your exciting tasks.
Personality: You can provide excellent structured analytic skills and understanding of physical parameters and cross-system coherences.
- Experience & Know-How: You have very good experience in coding embedded SW with modern C/C++. In addition, you are familiar with common software development tools like Enterprise Architect, Continuous Integration and Git. And furthermore, you already worked in the field of agile requirements engineering and testing.
- Languages: We are cooperating with different worldwide locations. Therefore, we expect excellent English skills.
- Education: You have an MSc/MA degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related technical field.
What we offer you:
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | good access to public transports | space for creativity.
About the Company
Company: Bosch Group –
Company Location: Ovar