Communication Specialist Job at Quantum Toronto, ON
Nº de réf : 97497
Position: Communication Coordinator
Location: Toronto Downtown – onsite
Job Type: Permanent
The Communications Team seeks an energetic and organized individual to provide junior to mid-level communications services and provide a backup for communications-related administrative services. The candidate must be a team player, with strong initiative, dedicated to providing excellent communications, and communications support.
Under the direction of the Director of Corporate Communications and Government Advertising you will:
– Coordinate internal communications, including the writing and production of the Office’s internal e-newsletter
– Coordinate production of daily media monitoring scans and distribution to the Office
– Participate in and support communications planning activities related to report releases
– Coordinate social media rollout and web content updates according to approved plans and content
– Assist with all aspects (including drafting, editing and formatting) of the production and coordination of various media and supporting information products related to report releases
– Assist in proofreading, minor edits, cross-checking changes under instructions from either production design staff or writing/editing staff, as appropriate
– Produce communication analytics reports
– Occasionally act as a backup for the Administrative Coordinator, Communications
Minimum Skills Required:
– A university degree in communications, political science or other social science
– 2 to 3 years of experience in communications and/or a related public sector role
– Demonstrated communication skills, including writing for communications
– Knowledge of communication best practices and the media landscape
– Demonstrated ability to manage, organize and prioritize competing priorities, and the ability to multitask
– Well-developed interpersonal, analytical and strategic thinking skills
– Good knowledge of government structure, policies, procedures and operations
– Superior-level applied knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
– Knowledge of Adobe InDesign and e-marketing platforms would be an asset
– Bilingualism (English and French) would be an asset
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team
If this sounds like you, reach out with your resume to Twinkle Gandhi at .
REFER A PERM HIRE AND EARN UP TO $1,000! For more details, .
OUR VIRTUAL DOORS ARE OPEN! We’re also bringing the interviews to you by various web applications, virtually! Contact us today for your next opportunity.
About the Company
Company Location: Toronto, ON