Biosignal Research Scientist Job at Interaxon – Toronto, ON
At Interaxon, we develop engaging experiences using brain-sensing technology. We are a passionate team of researchers, technical experts and scientists building the world’s leading science-based brain platform to empower personal transformation through human-centred innovation. Our Muse headbands are designed to make meditation easier and provide real-time audio and visual feedback on your meditative state through the Muse companion app. www.choosemuse.com
As a Biosignal Research Scientist at Interaxon, you’ll help us extract insights from brain and biosignal data at large scale and build meaningful experiences based on these insights. You are a skilled scientist or engineer , passionate about neurotechnology, eager to have a positive impact on people’s lives through technology, and who has exceptional strength in signal processing, machine learning and biosignal analysis.
What you’ll do: *
- Develop offline and real-time algorithms for processing EEG, PPG and other biosignals.
- Develop and implement biosignal-based applications.
- Run cloud studies on our large-scale EEG and biosignal database.
- Contribute to the development of internal research tools.
- Report and present research results internally and in scientific venues.
- Follow the relevant scientific literature to propose new approaches for analyzing and modeling EEG and biosignal data.
Your skills and experience:
- Masters and/or PhD. in Biomedical Engineering or any related field including computer science, engineering, mathematics or neuroscience.
- Strong experience with Python for time series analysis, time frequency analysis, algorithm development and machine learning.
- Experience creating algorithms and tools for EEG, PPG or other biosignal analysis.
- Practical experience and theoretical understanding of machine learning, including deep learning.
- Track record of publications in relevant scientific journals and/or conferences.
- Detail-oriented and enthusiastic with good communication skills and a great work ethic.
- Creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands and technical risks.
Additional Qualifications (assets, but not required):
- Knowledge of neuroscience.
- Experience with TensorFlow and/or other deep learning frameworks.
- Comfortable with Git and software development tools.
- Experience with SQL.
What we offer: *
Our collaborative culture is an extension of our vision to empower personal transformation to improve lives and change the world. We have a flexible working environment, on-going work from home options, a great benefits package, weekly team meditations, and a commitment to keeping connected while working apart. Join a team passionate about making a difference.
Interaxon is a company fueled on innovation and inclusion. We believe that diversity is an essential part of our workplace culture, and we continue to grow our team through equal opportunity and barrier-free recruitment. Additionally, if you require any accommodations during the selection process, please let us know!
Note: We suggest adding “apps.bamboohr.com” to your contact list so you don’t miss any emails from us regarding your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
About the Company
Company: Interaxon –
Company Location: Toronto, ON